Jen is increasingly hardworking and dedicated to the overall success of Monroe. She joined Monroe over nine years ago and during that time has performed many roles within the organization. Jen is an extremely versatile person and has been a key contributor to Monroe’s prosperity over these past years. I’m very proud of Jen’s progress and her many accomplishments. I look forward to her continued success and advancement with Monroe.
Traits: Strong Knowledge of the Business & Objectives, Attention To Detail, Pride in Performance, Adaptable & Versatile Contributor, and Leader.
~ Dan Dooley
Jen is the perfect example of a go-getter whether it is tracking down a vendor or shipment, she has always gone above and beyond to help. She has also shown a OneMonroe mindset by following through with any issues that arise until a resolution has been found. Without the hard work and dedication of the purchasing department, led by Jen, we would not be able to operate. Jen’s day-to-day impact often goes unnoticed but she is one of the integral people that keep all of the divisions running smoothly.
~ Justin Krillenberger
Not only does Jen make sure that the purchasing department is smooth sailing she is always willing to do anything that she can to help any department with questions or concerns. When asked for something if she doesn’t have the answer, she will help you find it and in no time at all the problem is solved. Jen is a caring, honest, and genuine person. She is so passionate about not only her work but if you get her talking about the girls that she coaches you can see the pride and passion all over her face. We are extremely lucky to have our very own Nancy Drew and previous EOTM winner Andy (AKA Hardy Boy) as a key part of our OneMonroe team. Thank you, Jen, for all that you do.
~ Other co-workers comments
Get to know Jen O’Connor!
- Name: Jen O’Connor
- Job Title: Project Coordinator
- Where did you grow up? Redford, Michigan
- How long have you worked for Monroe? I will hit my 10 year mark at the beginning of August
- What do you like about working for Monroe? Every day is different
- What is one thing you love about your job? Problem solving, I call myself Nancy Drew, Andy is my Hardy Boy
- If you could add one thing to your office, what would it be? A maid
- Before working at Monroe, what was the most unusual or interesting job you have ever had? I was a Chef for 6 years.
- Three words to best describe you. Hardworking, tough, gooft
- If you had to eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? Buddy’s Antipasto Salad
- If you were an animal what would you be? Cat, mine seems to have a pretty sweet deal
- Do you have a hidden talent? What is it? Building up teenage girls in sports
- What is one song you have completely memorized? There are soooooo many, my sister calls me the human jukebox
- What is one totally irrational fear that you have? That someone is going to jump out of the dumpster when I throw my trash away….lol
- Any favorite line from a movie? Great moments…. are born from great opportunity
- Best vacation you have been on? Sister took me on a Mediterranean cruise for my 40th, spent my 40th birthday in Malta
- Least favorite food? I have a whole category of cheese that I call “feet cheeses”
- Do you have a motto or personal mantra? Mistakes happen, it’s how you fix them that matters.
- What are you three most overused words/phrases? Reeeeaaaaallllly??? / Hello brain / lol
- What is an ability you wish you had? Teleporting
- What is one thing on your bucket list? Get a Rockstar style buss and driver and tour the country
- What do you like to do in your spare time? I don’t have a whole lot of it but dinner with friends and family.
- What is your favorite sport or sports team? Go Blue!!!
- Would you rather be a tiny elephant or a giant hamster? Tiny elephant
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? See #21… lol
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet? Catherine the Great