Congratulations Kaylee Dyk on being the Employee of the Month for May 2022
Kaylee is detail oriented, quick, personable, a real ray of sunshine! She is a perfect fit for Human Resources for OneMonroe. When we first approached Kaylee about joining the HR side of OneMonroe she was a little hesitant. Not having worked in this area she was not sure what all was involved. She previously was responsible for all functions of accounting and processed payroll for JHP so this would be a new venture.
When she accepted, I was beyond excited! We have visited with 2 locations, Garland’s and Sattler, and she is such an asset to OneMonroe with her ability to communicate effectively with everyone.
As you get to know her, you will see how great she is and she will follow our mantra, how can we help! Kaylee is so much fun to work with and I feel so fortunate to be her teammate in this journey!
Knowing Kaylee for the last 10 years has been nothing short of an honor and a privilege. A privilege we now get to share with the rest of OneMonroe. We really wanted to be selfish and keep her tremendous talent all for ourselves here in Walker; but we knew from the moment the HR position was offered to her that she needed to pursue it.
Her ability to lay a solid foundation of accounting processes coupled with her insatiable desire for perfection has kept our books sparkling clean and our customers and vendors as happy as ever. We look forward to seeing her bring that same set of skills to bear on her new HR role alongside Robin Nichols to build efficient and effective systems that would be the envy of any corporate juggernaut. Cheers to you, Kaylee!
Kaylee has been a great resource for accounting issues and has been extremely helpful with creating training related to document Connection. She is always willing to help find a solution or a process improvement and seems to have a constant smile. We are lucky to have her on the powerhouse HR team.
Get to know Kaylee Dyk
- Name: Kaylee Dyk
- Job Title: HR
- Where did you grow up? Grandville, MI
- How long have you worked for Monroe? 11 years
- What do you like about working for Monroe? My sarcasm has an audience
- What is one thing you love about your job? My Co-workers
- If you could add one thing to your office, what would it be? Sunlight Lamp / Medieval Portrait (turnmeroyal.com)
- Before Monroe, what was the most unusual or interesting job you have ever had? Salad Bar Girl
- Three works to best describe you. Gorgeous (snap) Funny (snap) Smart (hair flip)
- If you had to eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? Any breakfast food
- If you were an animal, what would you be? A black cat, with green eyes
- Do you have a hidden talent? What is it? Semi-proficient with power tools
- What is one song you have completely memorized? Unfortunately, Baby Shark
- What is one totally irrational fear that you have? Once the lights go off in my basement I have to run up the stairs before it floods and I drown, like Titanic.
- Any favorite line from a movie? Be a man, rub some dirt in it – She’s the Man
- Best vacation you have been on? In 1 month I hit 10 countries in Europe
- Least favorite food? Coconut
- Do you have a personal motto or personal mantra? Move Along
- What are your three most overused words/phrases? where is my coffee, let me love you, hold on I’m not listening yet
- What is an ability you wish you had? To never need to sleep
- What is one thing on your bucket list? Hike Machu Picchu
- What do you like to do in your spare time? Read, house projects, and binge old tv shows
- What is your favorite sport or sports team? No preference
- Would you rather be a tiny elephant or a giant hamster? Giant hamster, as long as I am 10-100 times bigger than average
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Keep it a secret, then go on vacation for a VERY long time.
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet? Dolly Parton