Congratulations Patrick Shears on being Employee Of The Month for April 2021
Patrick is doing an outstanding job of managing our incoming inventory during these difficult times. He is here every day making sure our customers do not run out of parts and keeping them informed as to when parts will be available, how many, etc. Patrick works with our overseas suppliers during the evening and in the mornings, and coming in on the weekends to keep up with it all. He is always available and happy to help with intercompany issues between branches. On top of all of this, he has taken the time to perform his duties as our internal auditor and completed our most recent internal audit. Pat really took the bull by the horns during our transition from Trulinx to TBE and was willing to learn all the ins and outs of the new system. Due to learning the systems in and outs, Pat is often contacted by other Monroe branches for his advice on how to process certain things through TBE and he is always happy to help out. He is also on the Purchasing Innovations Team and plays an integral role in helping to set company policy when it comes to purchasing and materials.
1. Name: Patrick Shears
2. Job Title: Buyer
3. Where did you grow up? Grand Haven, MI
4. How long have you worked for Monroe? 6 years
5. What do you like about working for Monroe? Corporate treats employees well. Good Benny’s and bonuses when the company does well.
6. What is one thing you love about your job? I am always busy making the days go fast.
7. If you could add one thing to your office, what would it be? More desk space.
8. Before working at Monroe, what was the most unusual or interesting job you have ever had? Baking pizzas at Fricano’s Tavern in Grand Haven. Coast Guard Saturday making 1200 pizzas in one night.
9. Three words to best describe you. Energetic, Self Sufficient, and Loyal.
10. If you had to eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? Ribeye Steak Medium Rare.
11. If you were an animal what would you be? Tiger
12. Do you have a hidden talent? What is it? Strategy. Figuring out your opponent’s play during a card game.
13. What is one song you have completely memorized? Pride and Joy, Stevie Ray Vaughn
14. What is one totally irrational fear that you have? Spiders and Snakes equally.
15. Any favorite line from a movie? You say 3 and you will never hear the man count 10.
16. Best vacation you have been on? Lakeland Florida
17. Least favorite Food? Peas
18. Do you have a motto or personal mantra? Live life to the fullest, Life is too short.
19. What are your three most overused words/phrases? Absolutely, Exactly, & Know what I’m Sayin?
20. What is an ability you wish you had? Flying.
21. What is one thing on your bucket list? Visit Ireland or Australia.
22. What do you like to do in your spare time? Golf and visit Wineries.
23. What is your favorite sport or sports team? Golf is my favorite sport. Favorite Sports team Notre Dame Fighting Irish (Football)
24. Would you rather be a tiny elephant or a giant hamster? Tiny Elephant. Don’t want fur/hair.
25. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Get out of debt.
26. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet? John Wayne