Congratulations Phil Kjeldgaard on being the Employee Of The Month for March 2022!
Phil is truly a star CNC operator and employee. There seems to be nothing that will stop him from figuring out a challenge. Whether it is with set up’s or just troubleshooting he will do whatever it takes to come up with a solution. There are few jobs that make him struggle but even with those jobs, Phil always strives to do better than the last. Doesn’t matter if the job is a difficult or routine job, he is always improving his work while also improving the machines so his fellow employees can run more efficiently. Phil’s adaptability cannot be understated.
Although Phil is fairly quiet, he never hesitates to help anyone who asks or needs it and always leaves a detailed description of everything he does. Phil is efficient on every machine in his department. It’s so helpful to have someone who can take over setups during shift changes or even reprogram machines. We are so grateful to have a star like Phil on our team.
Get to know Phil Kjeldgaard
1. Name: Phil Kjeldgaard
2. Job Title: Machinist
3. Where did you grow up? Spokane Valley, WA
4. How long have you worked for Monroe? Worked for Lyntron fulltime since, 6/2010. Worked for Monroe since they acquired Lyntron
5. What do you like about working for Monroe? Pay and Job Security
6. What is one thing you love about your job? Keeps my brain working
7. If you could add one thing to your office, what would it be? Don’t have an office / Massage Chair
8. Before working at Monroe, what was the most unusual or interesting job you have ever had? When I worked for Opportunity Ind., we got to work on a dam
9. Three words to best describe you. Polite, Funny, Focused
10. If you had to eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? Sushi
11. If you were an animal what would you be? Cat
12. Do you have a hidden talent? What is it? Not really
13. What is one song you have completely memorized? Clementine
14. What is one totally irrational fear that you have? When I was a kid, I dreamed of getting sucked into a dam but nothing now.
15. Any favorite line from a movie? A man throws a bullet at another man and says “the next one’s coming at you faster”
16. Best vacation you have been on? Oregon Coast
17. Least favorite Food? Ketchup
18. Do you have a motto or personal mantra? No
19. What are your three most overused words/phrases? Kids say I use “No” to much, I disagree
20. What is an ability you wish you had? Telekinesis
21. What is one thing on your bucket list? Vacation in Hawaii
22. What do you like to do in your spare time? Play games, video games mostly
23. What is your favorite sport or sports team? I don’t follow sports
24. Would you rather be a tiny elephant or a giant hamster? Elephant
25. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Pay off debt, then move
26. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet? Johnny Cash