Congratulations Sam Hecht on being Employee Of The Month for June 2021
Sam joined the Monroe team on 7/21/20. We brought him in to help our Warsaw store that was struggling from a lack of leadership. In the last year has has brought stability to the store while instilling our One Monroe core values. Sam brings leadership to the store operations while also adding Customer-Focused Selling for the sales staff.
Sam has a firm grasp of the sales process and many years of experience with fasteners and hardware. In just under a year Sam has completely turned around his location and we couldn’t be happier with the work he’s put in. This isn’t just a win for Sam though, it’s a win for his whole team at Warsaw. Sam has done a great job at creating clear and direct instructions for his employees that has created accountability for not only his team but also himself. It’s always nice hearing about a leader that knows all parts need to run a smooth operation and have everyone work together efficiently.
1. Name: Sam Hecht
2. Job Title: General Manager – Warsaw
3. Where did you grow up? I grew up in the country outside a tiny little town called Liberty Center, IN
4. How long have you worked for Monroe? I worked for Monroe as outside sales from 2017-2018 and have been back Since July of 2020 so almost 2 combined years.
5. What do you like about working for Monroe? I love the flexibility that Monroe allows for us to come up with the best solution for our customers.
6. What is one thing you love about your job? I love seeing my teammates succeed, especially when faced with a new or challenging task. They have really stepped up and worked through some difficult situations with the current world climate.
7. If you could add one thing to your office, what would it be? I love to golf so a small putting green would be pretty awesome!
8. Before working at Monroe, what was the most unusual or interesting job you have ever had? I would have to say going door to door soliciting donations for a nonprofit when I was in college. You just never knew who was going to be on the other side or how many times you’d talk to the local police dept in a given day. The work itself was really rewarding and I believe helped shape how I view sales.
9. Three words to best describe you. Ambitious, Reliable, Trustworthy
10. If you had to eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? This is like torture because I love food. Um…pork chops, mashed potatoes, mac n’ cheese, and steamed broccoli. If I get dessert too then any kind of cheesecake.
11. If you were an animal what would you be? Wolverine
12. Do you have a hidden talent? What is it? I don’t know if it’s really a talent, but I’m really good at trivia.
13. What is one song you have completely memorized? “The Parting Glass” by The Dubliners
14. What is one totally irrational fear that you have? Snakes, I got bit by one when I was a kid and have been terrified ever since.
15. Any favorite line from a movie? “Thanks for always being there, Doc.” – Wyatt Earp in Tombstone
16. Best vacation you have been on? My three months in Ireland
17. Least favorite Food? Mushrooms
18. Do you have a motto or personal mantra? “Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you.”
19. What are your three most overused words/phrases? “Ope” “Well ya know” “Allegedly”
20. What is an ability you wish you had? Time travel
21. What is one thing on your bucket list? Play golf at Augusta National
22. What do you like to do in your spare time? Play golf, spend time with friends and family, go to concerts
23. What is your favorite sport or sports team? University of Michigan and all sports
24. Would you rather be a tiny elephant or a giant hamster? Tiny elephant
25. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Buy a golf course and let anyone that’s a student play and get lessons for free.
26. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet? My grandpa, he passed away a couple of years before I was born. He was a WWII test pilot and my grandma told me stories, but I’d love the chance to sit down and hear his life story.No tags for this post.