What is an omni wheel?
See our Omni Wheels (Rotacasters)
Omni wheels (omniwheel) combines the freedom of 360 degree movement with the stability of a fixed mounting. This is achieved through a design which uses integral rollers rather than a swivel mount. An ideal improvement on traditional swivel casters.
Omni wheels delivers improved, reliable performance for a wide range of material handling, conveyor, OEM, robotic and other applications requiring precision omni-directional maneuverability over other solutions.
Most omni wheels are sturdy, impact and chemical resistant, and made from molded polymers allowing the design of entirely new multi-directional movement solutions at a consumer, commercial and industrial level.
- 360° manoeuvrability - without turning or swiveling wheels
- Better directional control and tracking
- Precise positioning - without swivel offset correction
- Minimal wheel space/housing requirements
- Simple mounting - able to tilt or lever off the fixed wheel mounting
- Non marking polyurethane rollers
- Load stability - a static center of load relative to wheel base
- Load distribution - the ability to use multiple wheels without swivel offset resistance
- Robust - wheel frame and roller axles provide a web-like structure with over-moulded rollers
- Tough and rust free - full polymer construction with no steel pins
Are you looking for Omni Wheels
Submit an RFQ now!